hi, y'all!

Hi, y'all!

Welcome to the blog of Sweet November Events! {formerly Green Shoes Weddings & Events}

We are a wedding & event planning company servicing Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas. We hope you enjoy this insight into our world and the occasional eye candy! Oh, and we LOVE comments so be sure to leave some when you see something you like!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lake Lure Wedding :: Kelly + Johnny

I knew when I met with Kelly back in September 2009 that we were going to LOVE working together! She has a pug (Otis) and her favorite color is green.  And to top it off, she was planning her September 25, 2010 wedding at Rumbling Bald Resort in Lake Lure, NC which is one of my favorite places ever!

After many brainstorming sessions and some mind changing, here is the inspiration board Kelly sent me that she was basing all of her ideas & decor around. I love how closely everything ended up relating to her original thoughts!


And here are some pictures of the decor & details from the wedding

One of my favorite details was the cocktail napkins Kelly ordered.  They said "I've Had the Time of My Life" which was the last song of the night.  The song is from "Dirty Dancing" which was filmed on Lake Lure where Johnny & Kelly were married!

Here are some of my favorite shots from the day from the super fun Krista Faulkner.  Even though it rained (OK, poured) during their short ceremony, Kelly & Johnny had such a great time!  I'm not sure Kelly left the dance floor all night!


Kelly with "Philly" who was part of the wedding party.



Beautiful "kelly green" bridesmaid dresses from The Bridal House!


 
 


Love this candid shot during their first dance!
 
The couple's Kate Spade toasting flutes, a gift from the groom's parents.  Per Johnny's request, he toasted his new bride with beer! 


The couple's favorite band "Simplified" rocked the reception...and even let the groom play a few tunes with them! 




 
After their sparkler exit, the newlyweds left on a boat and returned to the house on the lake where the entire wedding party was staying.  I'm told they all celebrated until the sun came up!

And this last picture is for my amazing assistant, my husband Steve...who so lovingly hung at least 50 of these paper lanterns...which took multiple hours in the September heat & humidity.  He swears he'll never do it again, but they looked amazing! :)

{Side note: Kelly has recently taken up photography and putting her wedding gift from her hubby to good use!  You can check out her blog here!}

 
Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Hill!  Best wishes for a lifetime of love & happiness!

Cheers!
Erica


3 comments:

  1. Erica!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog post & your new website is awesome!! I cannot thank you enough for all the advice, effort, time, energy & thought you put into making our wedding day the most fabulous day of our lives!! We seriously could not have pulled it off with you (or you sweet hubby Steve) Thanks again for EVERYTHING ~ You ROCK!! I and love and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny J Cook: Am behind in my blog reading, so just got around to seeing this. Pretty wedding! And I love that CLTSteve helped you hang ALL of those lanterns -- best assistant ever. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I just found your blog from @PinQueenCity's twitter because I tweeted about looking for (non cheesy) candy bouquet makers for table centerpieces and she tweeted it to you and then I clicked the link on your twitter to your blog and now I'm sitting here with my jaw on my desk at how small of a world this is because Johnny is my husband's cousin and we were at that wedding! In fact, my husband was IN that wedding and we both adore Kelly (and are so glad they finally tied the knot!) I can't believe it will be one year this month.

    www.thedailyjulie.com // @thedailyjulie

    ReplyDelete